Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Misc. TV News & Updates


  • As you can see from my last couple entries, I *finally* got around to watching and analyzing the first Democratic presidential debates. I still need to re-watch and blog about the first Republican presidential debates, and they already had their second one tonight (thank goodness for TiVo). I'm busy in the next few days, so I may not get around to them until Sunday or even next week.

  • Sunday night's Survivor finale was pretty good. I still need to blog about that.

  • I just watched the series finale of Gilmore Girls. To save time, I wrote the text for a blog entry while I was watching it. I have the text ready and will post it after I do the Survivor entry. Just a preview... Since this was meant to be a season finale or series finale -- and the decision to end it didn't come down until after the episode was filmed -- I'll admit that it worked as a series finale better than I expected. It wrapped things up nicely, contained as many characters as possible, and had some nice emotional moments. On the down side, the Luke and Lorelai relationship doesn't have enough closure or progress to warrant satisfaction, and the show overall lost its spark about two years ago.

  • In really bad TV news, I just found out that CBS has *probably* canceled Jericho. For now, I think it's technically unconfirmed, but the rumor sounds pretty strong. Plus, CBS's upfronts are tomorrow, so it's most likely some valid information that leaked early. I'm majorly disappointed. Jericho was one of best new shows of the 2006-2007 season. It was good enough to get picked up or a full first season, ended on a cliff-hanger, and garnered a significant cult following (as well as a wealth of speculation and analysis all documented at the Jericho Wiki). It feels like Alien Nation, John Doe, and Commander in Chief all over again. Thank goodness The Shield is rumored to have an excellent episode tonight. I'm getting ready to watch it now, and I could use a pick-me-up.

  • Actually, this is on the good side... NBC and ABC have already had their upfronts, and it sounds like they may have some good shows in development for this fall.

No comments: