Saturday, January 12, 2008

2007 TV in Review

Since I've gotten behind on blogging, but I've still commented on other blogs, I figured I'd copy & paste one of my comments from a TheTVAddict.com entry about the top 10 TV shows of 2007. I couldn't come up with just a top 10, so I responded with a brief summation of just about everything I watched:

I tried to create a Top 10 list, but it’s too hard to narrow down to just the 10 best. It makes it even harder when factoring in episodes from the 2nd half of the 2006-2007 season. I’ll just summarize instead…

Best Shows from the Whole Year: Boston Legal, Heroes, House, Men In Trees

Best Shows from 1st Half of Year or Summer: Battlestar Galactica, Jericho, The Shield, Stargate: SG-1, The 4400

Best New Fall 2007 Shows: Chuck, Journeyman, Moonlight, Women’s Murder Club

Best Reality Shows: Beauty & the Geek, Kid Nation

Honorable Mention: Brothers & Sisters

Guilty Pleasures: Prison Break, Girls Next Door

Almost Forgot About: The O.C. (great final season)

Cancelled Too Pre-Maturely: Drive (Fox must hate Nathan Fillion)

Otherwise Great Shows Having *Slightly* Disappointing Seasons (just fall season unless otherwise noted): Lost (spring), Rescue Me (summer), Scrubs, South Park, Stargate: Atlantis, Survivor, Ugly Betty

Intentionally Left Out of Best: Bionic Woman (boring), Damages (over-rated), Grey’s Anatomy (getting stale), Private Practice (mediocre), Pushing Daisies (annoying/over-rated), Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip (uneven), and Gilmore Girls (too many s6 mis-steps for s7 to fully recover; Buffy:tVS Syndrome = crappy s6 & s7 undermine enjoyment of *excellent* s1 - s5; lackluster series finale)

No comments: