Sunday, September 16, 2007

2007 Emmy Picks

The Emmys are tonight. Real quick, before they air, my wishes and predictions are below.

Bold: My 1st or 2nd pick
Italics: I've seen zero episodes of this show, or maybe one episode only

Best Drama Series


  • House

  • Heroes

  • Boston Legal

  • Grey's Anatomy

  • The Sopranos


Technically, House is my very 1st choice, but Heroes wouldn't be bad either. I love Boston Legal, but I doubt it would win. I'm kind of surprised it's even nominated. Grey's Anatomy is good but over-rated. Plus, this was it's worst season.

Best Comedy Series


  • Ugly Betty

  • Entourage

  • The Office

  • 30 Rock

  • Two and a Half Men


I only watch Ugly Betty. My pick by default.

Best Variety, Music, or Comedy Series


  • The Daily Show with Jon Stewart

  • Late Nigt with Conan O'Brien

  • Late Show with David Letterman

  • The Colbert Report

  • Real Time with Bill Maher


If Daily Show doesn't win, I'd be okay with David Letterman too.

Best Lead Drama Actor


  • Hugh Laurie, House

  • Denis Leary, Rescue Me

  • James Spader, Boston Legal

  • James Gandolfini, The Sopranos

  • Kiefer Sutherland, 24


This is a great category. It's tough. I love James Spader and Denis Leary, but Hugh Laurie is just a tad more impressive. If he doesn't get it, Spader would be my 2nd choice by a hair.

Best Lead Comedy Actor


  • Tony Shalhoub, Monk

  • Alec Baldwin, 30 Rock

  • Steve Carrell, The Office

  • Ricky Gervais, Extras

  • Charlie Sheen, Two and a Half Men


I've seen a few eps of Monk. It's not super, and I think Shalhoub is over-rated, but he's the only one I'm familiar with.

Best Lead Drama Actress


  • Sally Field, Brothers & Sisters

  • Patricia Arquette, Medium

  • Minnie Driver, The Riches

  • Edie Falco, The Sopranos

  • Mariska Hargitay, Law & Order: Special Victims Unit

  • Kyra Sedgwick, The Closer


I've seen a few eps of Medium, and Arquette is pretty good. But, out of these, B&S is the only one I watch regularly, so Sally Field wins my vote by default.

Best Lead Comedy Actress


  • America Ferrera, Ugly Betty

  • Felicity Huffman, Desperate Housewives

  • Tina Fey, 30 Rock

  • Julia Louis-Dreyfus, The New Adventures of Old Christine

  • Mary-Louise Parker, Weeds


I stopped watching Desperate Housewives. Huffman is great, but Ugly Betty's Ferrera is my pick.

Best Supporting Drama Actor


  • Michael Emerson, Lost

  • Masi Oka, Heroes

  • T.R. Knight, Grey's Anatomy

  • Terry O'Quinn, Lost

  • William Shatner, Boston Legal

  • Michael Imperioli, The Sopranos


Terry O'Quinn didn't do as much this year on Lost. I think T.R. Knight is over-rated. William Shatner is great, but his character often doesn't have much to do. Emerson is successfully creepy in his role, and Oka is super as a hero.

Best Supporting Comedy Actor


  • Jon Cryer, Two and Half Men

  • Kevin Dillon, Entourage

  • Neil Patrick Harris, How I Met Your Mother

  • Jeremy Piven, Entourage

  • Riann Wilson, The Office


Who cares. I watch none of these

Best Supporting Drama Actress


  • Rachel Griffiths, Brothers & Sisters

  • Chandra Wilson, Grey's Anatomy

  • Katherine Heigl, Grey's Anatomy

  • Sandra Oh, Grey's Anatomy

  • Lorraine Bracco, The Sopranos

  • Aida Turturro, The Sopranos


Not a great category. I think some people got overlooked here.

Best Supporting Comedy Actress


  • Vanessa Williams, Ugly Betty

  • Conchata Ferrell, Two and Half Men

  • Jenna Fisher, The Office

  • Elizabeth Perkins, Weeds

  • Jamie Pressly, My Name is Earl

  • Holland Taylor, Two and Half Men


Another default vote. I'd rather the Ugly Betty nom had gone to Ana Ortiz or maybe even the girl who plays Amanda (can't remember her name right now).

No comments: